Most Active Stories
Fri February 14, 2014
KPCW Job Posting
KPCW-FM PARK CITY
• Responsible for filling all on-air music DJ shifts 365 days per year, including coordination of schedules so that every shift is covered. If any shifts are not covered, or a DJ fails to report for a shift, the volunteer coordinator must be on call to cover the shift personally. If absent from Park City for any length of time, must arrange to have a designated fill-in DJ on standby.
• Must learn and demonstrate mastery of all broadcast systems necessary in the course of broadcasting. Must learn any and all new broadcast systems as they are adopted.
• Must serve as trainer of volunteer DJ’s monitoring their performance in the broadcast booth until they are comfortable with the systems in place
• Must help recruit new DJ’s if asked to do so.
• Must monitor DJ performance, offering coaching and advice when it is necessary. Must be familiar with KPCW broadcast standards. Should performance or behavior not meet those standards, must recommend termination of non-performing volunteers.
• Must maintain general familiarity with all aspects of station operations and be prepared to fill in the following roles: On air DJ, DJ trainer, DJ scheduler, fill-in DJ, assistant on station events as needed.
• Coordinator must live within a sixty minute travel radius of station due to need for short call fill in.
This is a part-time non-benefit position. This position will be paid based on a ten hour average work week. Job offer closes February 28, 2014.
If interested, contact Jan Williams at: email@example.com