Twice a year, KPCW takes to the airwaves and asks its listeners for support in bringing daily, original news, information and entertainment focused on Park City, Summit and Wasatch Counties.
We collect the support of our local businesses, restaurants and retail outlets - as well as some choice out-of-town venues - to offer listeners an almost dollar-for-dollar value for their donation. This years pledge drive lands right around Valentine's day and we are working hard to get some fun Valentine's Day specials together, as well as our usual great catalog of premiums.
Need a few more reasons why you should participate in this year's Groovy Pledge Drive of Love? Here are just a few things people love about KPCW:
- KPCW keeps you up-to-date on current road conditions and the best way to get in and out of Park City. We let you know of any emergencies or road closures so you can adjust your travel plans accordingly.
- KPCW gives non-profits a voice by offering a free forum for other non-profits in the community to let people know about upcoming events. By listening to KPCW, I know what music and theatrical events are playing around town. KPCW is the place to listen for all the great work that our nonprofit community does in the area.
- The volunteer DJs at KPCW make it really feel like a community radio station. Each DJ shows their personality with the music they play and I LOVE IT. No matter if they are young or old DJs, it makes KPCW belong to community.
- KPCW is able to reach out to the Latino community with Cada Domingo, a Sunday evening program that translates the week’s news into Spanish. Cada Domingo helps keep the Latino population informed and a part of the community.
- KPCW provides a free Lost &Found service online where people can find their lost dog or wallet. It is a great resource for the community and an instantaneous way to get your lost or found information out there.
- KPCW’s news department provides the information listeners need. Hourly local weather & traffic, City government, planning and County Commission as well as trail reports and lost & found are unavailable anywhere else. They always manage to show “both side” of a story and listeners are always informed and “in the know” by tuning into KPCW.
- KPCW is your community voice. No matter how small or big the amount our listeners give, KPCW is supported by everyone and that’s what makes 91.9FM so special. Give what you can and let’s keep KPCW on the air.
Please join KPCW this February for our Groovy Pledge Drive of Love and let us know what KPCW means to you.
KPCW'S GROOVY PLEDGE DRIVE OF LOVE
February 10-14, 2014
partnered with our
GROOVY ONLINE AUCTION OF LOVE